Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filler2012-06-11
- Skill Level: Medium
Serve on crusty wholemeal rolls or pitta bread with lettuce and tomato. Other raw veg can be used instead of celery.
- 1 1/2 (400g) tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pour chickpeas into a medium size mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Mix in celery, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.