White Chocolate and Damson Cupcakes2012-06-12
Sweet, lovely, moist cupcakes. my favourite cupcake ! Main cake recipe originally recipe based (but altered) from the Hummingbird Bakery book.
- 110g unsalted butter
- 220g caster sugar
- 2 large free range eggs
- 150g self raising flour
- 120g plain flour
- 120ml semi-skimmed milk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon very good quality vanilla essence
- Half a jar Good quality damson jam
- 1 small packet Cadbury’s white chocolate buttons (leave in the fridge so they’re extra cold)
- 1 batch My white chocolate buttercream recipe
- Heat your oven to 160C degrees (fan assisted). Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix thoroughly. Combine the two flours in a separate bowl and mix. Add the vanilla to the milk and stir.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mix, stir well, then add 1/3 milk mix and stir again. Keep doing this til there’s none of each left.
- Fill your cupcake tin with cases and fill each case to 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes. Take out of tray and leave to cool well.
- Take a teaspoon and scoop an even hole out of the top of each cupcake, and fill with jam (i find it helps to warm the jam a little before adding so it doesn’t go everywhere and stick to the spoon).
- Ice with the white chocolate buttercream and top with a chocolate button!