Wok-Fried Prawns with Bok Choy2013-06-26
- 1kgÂ king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki marinade/ sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, stems trimmed, chopped
- 2 green onions, cut into 3cm lengths
- steamed rice, to serve
Combine prawns, teriyaki sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 tablespoons marinade.
Combine cornflour, stock and reserved marinade in a jug.Step 3Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add half the oil and half the prawn mixture. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until prawns start to colour. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and prawns.
Add bok choy and onions to wok. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add prawns and stock mixture. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve with steamed rice.