Yummy Crispy Baked Fish2013-01-29
Easy and healthier way to get crispy tasty fish. We have used mostly mild whitefish like tilapia with great results. Don’t be scared by the number of ingredientsâ€”it is mostly spices and herbs. Please adjust the spices, especially salt, to your taste.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
For the Milk mixture:
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard or 1 tablespoon honey mustard
For the Breading:
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, adjust to your taste
For the Garnish:
- lemon wedge
- Mix milk, vinegar and mustard and let set for 15 minutes. This will make a mustardy, buttermilky dressing to coat the fish.
- In a separate bowl mix cornmeal with all the seasonings.
- Dip fish fillets in the milk mixture and then in the cornbread mixture.
- Spray broiling pan with cooking spray or brush with a little olive oil.
- Place fillets on prepared pan and place pan under broiler 4 inches from heat.
- Broil for 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges if desired.